Friday 3 May 2013

I will never sell my players to United again – Wenger Speaks

Arsene Wenger has stated that he no desire to sell any of his players to rivals Manchester United again. The Frenchman sanctioned a £24million deal for Robin van Persie, to move to Old Trafford last summer.



The Dutch striker scored twice in the fixtures against his former team, including the equaliser from the spot at the Emirates. When asked after the match, if Ferguson wanted more of his players, he replied:

“I don’t know but he will not sign them from us.”

The Arsenal manager also defended the fans’ behaviour towards their former captain, describing it as “more disappointed love” than aggression and insisted that they still respected him.


“He [Van Persie] is in our dressing room because the food is better in our dressing room,” he said. “I didn’t talk to him. I just saw that when I moved out of my office that he was with the players. We are rivals but look, at the end of the day, we decided to sell him. You want us to make a guard of honour and to respect the champions but you have to accept as well that respect exists after the game.

“You want to give absolutely everything for the 90 minutes and after the game you can still talk to each other. I think our defenders didn’t make life easy for him at all. We played with great commitment.”

No comments:

Post a Comment